Books used by levels:
- Beginner 1 – Manual used: CHIARO A1 + additional exercises – units 1 to 5
- Beginner 2 – Manual used: CHIARO A1 + additional exercises – units from 6 to 10
- Elementary 1 – Manual used: CHIARO A2 + additional exercises – units from 1 to 5
- Elementary 2 – Manual used: CHIARO A2 + additional exercises – units from 6 to 10
- Elementary 1 – Manual used: CHIARO B1 + additional exercises – units from 1 to 5
- Intermediate 2 – Manual used: CHIARO B1 + additional exercises – units from 6 to 10
- Intermediate 3 – Manual used: MAGARI B2 – units from 1 to 5
- Intermediate 4 Manual used: MAGARI B2 – units from 6 to 9
- Advanced 1 – Manual used: MAGARI C1 / C2 units 10 – 15
- Advanced 2 – Manual used: MAGARI C1 / C2 units 16 – 21
- Improvement 1 – Manual selected by Professor
- Improvement 2 – Manual selected by Professor
Purchase of textbooks
Students enrolled in our courses can purchase exercise books and manuals at the Michel Fortin bookstore.
Tél. : 514-849-5719
10% discount on all additional material (grammars, novels imported from Italy). Shipping in the province of Quebec of $ 6.
Version e-book available on the site of Alma Edizioni
https://www.almaedizioni.it/it/catalogo/ebooks/ which refers to the platform Blinkshop (https://shopusa.blinklearning.com/en/) in order to proceed with the payment.
The learning path is based on a textbook chosen according to the innovative guidelines for teaching Italian as a foreign language. In addition to the proposed manual, teachers use all kinds of authentic materials (newspaper articles, songs, films, etc.) to give students the opportunity to practice the most diverse forms of communication and communication today. ” communication skills.
The educational offer is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) established by the Council of Europe with the aim of defining a method of assessment and transmission of knowledge that applies to all European languages.
The CECR defines six levels of knowledge of foreign languages: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2. This same progression is respected in the language courses of the Italian Cultural Institute. The method used is the communicative method that tends to make students acquire the five skills:
- Written Comprehension
- Oral Comprehension
- Written Production
- Oral Production
The approach to language is inductive and applies both to grammar, discovered by the student under the guidance of the teacher, and to the lexical and cultural areas. The student is always at the center of teaching and the method evolves according to the needs of the different groups.