This first collection of mAPs focuses on the theme POWER in Europe (76min):
- EMERSION French film directed by Aline-Sitoé N’Diaye, produced by DAN.CIN.LAB;
- CIRCOLOGY Finnish film directed by Tero Peltoniemi, produced by MALAKTA;
- 36 Months, FIGHT FOR ZAK Greek film directed by Konstantina Bousmpoura and Ariadne Mikou, produced by MØZ;
- DANSOMATION Italian film directed by Riccardo Maione / Collectif Ratavöloira, produced by COORPI;
- IN SEARCH OF PHOENIX German film directed by Marc Wagenbach, produced by TANZRAUSCHEN.
The screening of the five short films will be followed by a meeting with Anna Alexandre, leader and co-producer of the mAPs project, and with Ève Lamoureux, – UQAM professor, specialist in art-society-political relations. The discussions will address the social issues raised in the films and explore how art takes its place in a civic commitment to respect for human rights.
Tuesday, June 7 2022, 7:00pm
Free admission – RSVP
Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Montréal
1200 Av. du Dr Penfield
mAPs – migratory artists project – is a cooperation project between five European countries (France, Italy, Germany, Finland, Greece) for the collection of dance films with a social focus. The works meet the artists’ eyes on themes at the heart of contemporary concerns. The collective of partners respects strong ethical values, involving communities in the creative processes developed in each country.
Reservation no longer available