The Italian Cultural Institute of Montréal is pleased to inform you that the provisions applied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation on data protection and privacy have been updated in accordance with the General Regulation on Data Protection (EU 2016/679). In this regard, please read the following information.
Information on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data
(General Regulation on Data Protection (EU) 2016/679, art.13)
The processing of personal data requested to register as a user at the Italian Cultural Institute of Montréal will be based on the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency to protect the rights and fundamental freedoms of individuals.
Acting in accordance, the following information is provided:
1. The data controller is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of the Italian Republic which operates, in this specific case, through the Italian Cultural Institute (IIC) of Montréal (1200, Avenue Dr. Penfield, Montréal, Qc, H3A1A9(Canada), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; tel. +1 514 849 4012).
2. For any queries or complaints, the interested party can contact the Processor of Personal Data Protection of MAECI (postal address: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Piazzale della Farnesina 1, 00135 ROMA, tel.: +39 06 36911 (operator), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com).
3. Personal data collected will be stored in a database used for the following purposes: invitation to cultural events organized by the IIC, diffusion of newsletter, promotion of Italian language courses, use of the library and other cultural services to the public.
4. The processing of data entered into the database is based on consent. Refusal to provide data will not allow the interested party to access the service.
5.Processing of personal data will be carried out by IIC staff either manually or electronically.
6. The data provided by the interested party during registration will be processed only by the owner and will not be sent to third parties.
7. The participant’s personal information will be stored for 5 years from registration or renewal. Afterwards, the Institute will request for the individual’s consent through eletronic form to collect the use of personal data, failing to do so all personal data will removed.
8. The participant has the right to acess, correct or amend their personal information. Without prejudice the interested party may withdraw consent at any time without having to provide reasons for doing so and without penalty or loss of benefits to which they are otherwise entitled. In these cases, the interested party must submit a specific request to the Italian Cultural Institute of Montréal (1200, Avenue Dr. Penfield, Montréal, Qc, H3A1A9, Canada, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; tel +1 514 849 4012), informing (CC) as well the Processor of Personal Data Protection of MAECI.
9. If you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the Processor of Personal Data Protection of the MAECI. Alternatively, you can contact the Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali (Piazza di Montecitorio 121, 00186 ROMA, tel. 0039-06696771 (operator), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, certified mail: email@example.com).
Finally, for further information on the matter, please refer to the specific web page of the Data Protection Supervisor.(http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/regolamentoue).